How To Plan The Best Girls Trip Ever
We all need a little time away with just the girls, am I right? It is so rejuvenating and I don’t know about you but I need some rejuvenation in my life. It just helps to carry me through the harder and/or busier times. Want to know how to plan the best girls trip ever (or at least a really really really good one. Because lets face it, the best one ever would cost loads of money and would be paid for by someone else. And that is probably not realistic.)? Read on to find out how to plan a very very very fun girls trip!
Who is all going? Who will you invite?
Hopefully this is an easy one. It could be your mom, your sister, your sister-in-law, your friend, your favorite co-worker, your neighbor, your grandma, your aunt, your…. So many people! Find the people you want to get away with for a while.
How many people are going?
This one will determine things like where you will go, where you will stay, what you will do. You know, things like THE WHOLE TRIP. So tally up those people.
What is the budget?
Obviously this is huge. This also determines much of the trip. Unless you are the unicorn that is lucky enough to have it all paid for you by someone else. Because that’s cool too. But for all the rest of us beautiful horses, we have to take the budget into consideration.
Where are you going to go?
We are getting to the fun parts! First you must decide where you guys are going to get away to. The possibilities are endless. You could go far or close, cheap or expensive, tropical or tundra, wet or dry. Obviously you have to consider you budget. The awesome thing about girl trips is that staying in a condo an hour away and doing nothing but watch chick flicks and eat treats and staying up late talking is enough to rejuvenate you and create awesome memories. So don’t be downhearted if your budget is small. Your budget doesn’t determine the fun you will have. Similar to the saying I posted here, “you can only have as much fun as you make up your mind to have.” It’s up to you and your attitude.
Need some ideas:
- A nearby resort town
- A beach house
- A nearby town that none of you live in
- A favorite destination
- A national park
- A big city
- A small city
- A dream destination
- Kick any guys out and stay at someones house
Really the possibilities are endless. That list is just the tip of the iceberg.
Where will you stay?
Your destination and budget will also determine this. Maybe you like to stay in fancy hotels and that is in your budget. Or maybe you would rather rent a condo. My personal favorite is renting a condo or vacation type house. Here are my reasons why.
- You can save money. Usually a decent sized condo will run you about the same cost as a nice (not extremely fancy) hotel.
- You have the luxury of a kitchen.
- Usually they have more comfortable beds and baths plus a living room to hang out in.
- You can split the cost. So if there are 3 of you then you split it three ways and basically you are paying a third of what it would cost for a hotel.
- You don’t always have to go out to eat. We like to assign meals and each person is in charge of certain meals. This again, saves you money.
- You can eat healthier because you are not going out to eat three meals a day.
- Bonus: you can all cook your favorite “healthy” meal for each other and share recipes and then you each come away with a few more healthy meal ideas.
- Or you can bag that idea and eat treats.
- Or both! 🙂
- Okay now my list is just getting silly. Moving on.
What will you do?
This is also a fun one because the possibilities are endless. You can go as expensive or cheap as you want. Ideas?
- Watch chick flicks or your favorite movies. Drool over good looking eye candy and sob over romantic stories or laugh over comedies.
- Go for walks.
- Go for hikes.
- Go for runs.
- Work out.
- Go shopping (one of my personal favorites)
- Make treats
- Spa day!!!!
- DIY spa day
- Pedicures (either diy or at a salon)
- Play games
- Go to a play
- Go to a concert
- Go see historical sites
- Do crafts
- Go out to eat
- Go thrifting or antiquing
The possibilities are again, endless. These are just a few ideas.
What will you eat?
Will you eat out 3 meals a day? Or will you eat in all your meals? Or will you do both? What fits with your budget?
What will you bring?
This is also fun. New outfit time! Or dressing up time! Or just having fun and wearing lounge clothes! Whatever fits with your destination, activities, and meal plans. Maybe you will do all three. And don’t forget any supplies or food you will need for the rest of your plans.
What will make the trip extra special?
Maybe it will just be finally getting away together. And that is enough. One thing I think is fun (and I am still working on perfecting) is providing swag bags. I don’t know about you but I think it is fun to get a few new fun things, even if they are small. A new bottle of nail polish never hurt anyone. Or trial size toiletries or make up. You just might find some new favorites. Look for a post soon on how to put together awesome swag bags and a few themed ideas. Here are a few sneak peeks of those themed grab bags. Isn’t that faux cow hide bag to die for???
Other Helpful Hints
Create a group pinterest board and invite all the girl’s trip attendees. And then pin applicable pins (where to go, what to do, meal plans, treats, crafts, outfits, you name it)
In my experience, the sooner you start planning and the more prepared you are, the easier it is to have fun. So start planning that best girls trip ever right now!!!! What are some of your girls trip planning secrets? Do share!!!!